Tuesday 26 August 2014

Few Steps Backwards

I Warned Myself!


I did say that the weekend could bring glorious riches or disastrous losses, unfortunately it was the latter. You always run the risk of becoming over confident and feeling invincible when you enter the markets.


A few losers later and your head is gone and you're too scared (miss some winners) then too careless (hit more losers).


Friday was actually a very good day. I continued with a calm and un-rushed approach and won £106 over 3 trades (2 pre match selections and 1 in play). These ended about 7pm and I resisted the urge to dive back in, with all sorts of games kicking off in France, Holland and Ireland.


12 hours later and I was out and about, and had a small and controlled loss in Japan whilst trading on my phone.


I got home and had some chores to do and I was pretty stressed by the time I sat down at 2.45pm ahead of the 3pm kick offs. Never a good way to start the day.


The next 5-6 hours was a blur of mediocrity and trading like the old days, rushed, eager to get involved with generally dreadful selections. The irony is whilst on holiday I had limited time so just traded when I could, with no real urgency or obligation to do so. Now I'm home and had the whole day to sit in the 'office' I felt this was the perfect situation to just turn around a 1000% day. It could well be, but I need to avoid scanning the Betfair / 365 games on show and just fucking focus!


Saturday was dreadful, losing 1090% (10.9 points). Ironically I've points out 5 awful decisions I made / games I entered which lost 1305%. So take those away and would have been a satisfying day. I've identified the obvious mistakes I made so hopefully could learn from them...


Nope...


Sunday a bit better, 50% (0.5 points) profit. Better than a loss. This net result also contained a hefty 407% Correct Score loss, which is part and parcel of trading that type of market. Stupidly this also included a Japanese game I did on my phone in bed as soon as I woke up! What a dick! -300%. And then a loser straight after in Kazakhstan. Not sure why I'm risking my future earnings on such ridiculous decisions...


Monday was manic. Simply put. Was out and about and stressed. Trading on my phone. Ended up -694% (6.9 points), including a 351% CS loss and 600% over 2 wank trades I shouldn't have touched.


Tuesday and got my head screwed back on. Just 2 pre match CS trades yielding a Scratch and a small controlled loss of 78%.


Sunday marks the end of the month so hoping to maintain my 30 point target!


21st - 26th August: -£187.80

Blog Total:
£189.03



This reflects multiple staking levels between £10-20, the actual % return so far is 25.75 since 26th July.





No comments:

Post a Comment