Friday 11 July 2014

Day 1 - Nice Simple Start

  
Keeping it simple

Have in my head that I will use perhaps 4-5 main strategies going forward. I've purchased a fair few eBooks that give an abundance of strategies however it is easy to get bogged down and panic on the busy match days. Saturday and Sunday could literally blow your mind if you don't have structure and a plan. 

I've not got into scalping the pre match markets yet, however it is in my plans for the future when the bank gets going. 

I'll not lie, I get very bored using £10 stakes because I feel it's a waste of my time. Why study and slog it out to win a tenna a day. But that's the wrong attitude. This is a numbers game. If I can't build my bank with £10 stakes then I certainly wouldn't with £100 stakes. I owe it to my virtual trading pal 'Irish Peter' aka 'Potato Chocolate King' for talking some sense into me.

I do feel to an extent that I perform better with bigger money, because it's not play time anymore, this is real cash and real winnings. Too much other financial commitment at the moment so I'll have to work for those stakes. 

Swamped in my day job to the extreme of late so opportunities to trade are limited. 35 mins research last night paid off. Focusing mainly on the Overs markets, I identified 10 games to keep an eye on. 

  
Of the 10 picks, 7 went O1.5 and 4 went O2.5. More importantly to get the markets moving, 7 had a first half goal. Note that 1 game was randomly postponed late on so 7 out of 9 with the first half goal, decent strike rate.

Some good discipline kicked in and stayed well away from the Estonia match. And it ended 0-0. Get the fuck in! Group 1 above I was happy with as good selections to get involved with should the early stages of the game look eventful, Group 2 needed a close watch. 


A small loss in an Ireland game. Decent in play stats prompted me to get involved at 0-0 HT (didn't get selected during my research e.g. didn't expect it to go O2.5 / FHG). Soon bailed out as it didn't look like upping a gear. Ended 0-1 late on in the 85th. Glad I bailed. 

Not much action, 5 trades but a profitable day, just a shade over a point. The mindset I'm in is the £100-£200 stake days. So could have been £100-200 up today, liquidity permitting. 

Day 1: £10.43

July Total: £10.43


No comments:

Post a Comment