Friday 11 July 2014

Let's get this show on the road!


Welcome

Thanks for visiting my new blog where I will tackle to realms of Betfair trading in an attempt to change my life and free myself from the soul destroying grind of the 9 till 5, which in fact is more of a 8 till 7 for me! Even more motivation then...

Intro

Regular football gambler / accumulator boy since I was about...18 of course....

Got into a fairly decent routine of winning a few quid here and there, biggest was £3,500 on 5 fold on a Tuesday night! Had a few for £150-200 too but overall lost more than I won (in volume). I remember one accy I was waiting for the final team to win, heavy faves and a mate advised I lay them on Betfair. I was like 'yeh yeh done that'...having no idea WTF he was talking about. 

Gradually moved away from the accy's and started a system of backing at 1.33 - 1.5 on Bet365 using their delightful in play consol, sniffing out goals. Worked fairly well (£500 into £4,500 in the space of 3 months) until a few dodgy losers wrecked my discipline. Heads gone and the rest is history. 

Been playing with Betfair markets now for a few years and feel I have almost mastered the holy grails that are:

  • Mindset
  • Disclipline
  • Bank Management 
I have managed this by blowing a fair few banks, trial and error of various strategies and systems, reading blogs and forums religiously and generally looking at my Futbol24 app 24/7 like some sort of crack addict. As others will tell you, nothing beats a bit of screen time and I honestly believe you have to blow a bank or two to learn to take a loss on the chin. No good being a winner from the off because the first big loss will end you. That said, big losses are a thing of the past now. 

Big fan of TraderDave and Caan Berry, despite them being in a totally different market to me. Good quality blogs and Dave cracks me up big time. 

The purpose of this blog is to give some transparency to my trading. I hope I'll fuck up alot less knowing my results are visible to the world!

On small stakes at the moment whilst I tweak a few things, but it's a numbers game and all I care about is the points returned. 

Here's to me hitting that Premium Charge.....Wish me luck. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment