Wednesday 16 July 2014

Days 5 and 6 - What A Load of Rubbish!



I Am Calmness Personified...

Am I fuck. Really frustrating couple of days since my last update. Why frustrating?

1) There has been a fairly limited fixture list. I've resorted to loading up 6-12 games each day of FlashScores to keep an eye on. Had zero time to do any prep or research on any of them until literally 5 mins before kick off. As a result it means any losses (of which there are a few...) are hard to claw back compared to a normal weekend for example where you have matched coming out your earhole to trade with. It just means I've possibly entered games I normally wouldn't have. Tonights Champions League qualifiers for example. Pete would tell me to A) stay away from Cups and B) never touch 1st legs. Guess he is right. Been stung by 3 of the bastards.
 
2) In the spare few seconds I've had in work whilst there are no matches on, I've been reading multiple new blogs, reading about other people's successes. Meant to be inspirational stuff and here's me blowing the last 2 days work down the drain. 

3) Some teams these last 2 days really have been pathetic. Check this lot out for example...


 

As far as I know this was St Pats Champions League debut, away at Legia Warsaw who are Polish champions. Even Stevie Wonder can see the dominance of the home team. 19 shots off target, perhaps they should lay off the Vodka at half time. Admittedly the game went 1-1 in the 91st minute after I took this shot, but not exactly giving anyone any decent time to take advantage of the price swings. 

I also lost 1 point at BATE in Belarus. These chaps have now drawn 5 0-0s in their last 8 home games in all comps. Corrupt or incompetent I guess. I knew their history well, but I thought the odds of ANOTHER 0-0 against Skënderbeu Korçë (yes exactly - who?) would be fairly high. 

All in all, lost about 3 points which puts the blog into a loss position. No real disaster, we're only 6 days in and there's sod all to trade. Lack of discipline I guess. One positive however is that most of this trading is in the goal/match markets. I'm hoping the Correct Score games come into sway soon (Winter Leagues) which means potential wins of up to 300-500% a time.
 


Day 5/6: -£33.02

July Total: -£11.69

Blog Total: -£11.69

2 comments:

  1. Morning, Red Boy!
    I like the pictures...very much TraderDave style...like you, he cracks me up too!
    Don't worry aboiut the shaky start...I put these things down to first week posting blues...amazing how things are going well and you decide to drop your trousers and post to the World...only for it to go tits up. Happened with me too.
    I have tried (and failed at) trading but I admire anyone that can beat it and I wish you all the best to succeed! Go for it!
    Cheers,
    Dean
    I have added your blog to my reading list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dean,

    Thanks for the view/comment. I started this blog to keep myself true and transparent with my trading, hopefully instill more discipline into me, but good to have readers!

    Slow week for trading really with no world cup, hopefully results all pick up in the next month.

    It's a tough one to crack, but gotta keep at it. Good luck yourself!

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete