Monday 29 September 2014

Crazy Couple of Weeks

Up and Down


Was away last week with work and had what can only be described as the perfect trading week. I'm 99% sure that was down to the environment I was trading in.


I'd get back to my hotel room around 6pm ish, having had a gym session. I'd then put on the radio or some background TV noise and sit at the desk with peace and quiet to mull over the markets or do my research for the following day.


It saw my (at the time) biggest win of around 750% in a CS trade in Brazil (a risky league with huge rewards if you get a nice win). My final night in the hotel I did my research for the following days trading (Friday). Friday came and I got my biggest ever win yet again with over 800% in Ireland Division 1.


Safe to say I was on cloud 9 and my monthly target at that point was over 45 points, well over my target of 30.


What happened next was nothing short of disastrous.


I didn't have a huge amount of time to do my Saturday research (Friday night) but I got it done and decided to be confident in my new found 'edge' and include in my CS trades two very risky leagues in Serie B Italy and Greece Super League. Both appeared sound choices following the super month today.


Safe to say both lost, around 350% each. What happened alongside those games was even worse.


Of the 8 games I traded that day, I had 2 red cards (they fuck up matches big time) and 7, yes SEVEN (OUT OF EIGHT) missed penalties. Safe to say I lost a fair few of those 8 trades, and when your liability is 300-400% a go, they start adding up.


The rest of the week followed suit and I couldn't buy a winner for love nor money. A real low point and I hit rock bottom to be honest.


I turned my attention to my new system (previously) mentioned that I have been paper trading. At this point it was up 135 points in 4 weeks, remarkable. I started setting them up at £2 a go and found to my peril yesterday that 23 points worth hadn't been matched as the odds weren't quite there. Gutting.


That said today had a stormer and its up 939% in 1 day with real money staked.


Ended 'September' on Sunday night up approx 15 points, no disaster by any means but disappointing.


Lost track of my blog total but it is something like this:


Blog Total: Start - End of Sept 46 Points.


Oct to date 9.4 points.

No comments:

Post a Comment